Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Heart in the Matter

The past few days have been strange for me. My heart has been wrung out and feels like a fish gasping for air. Our new roommate has already left, which was genuinely upsetting. I was asked two weeks ago if I felt that God had confirmed my calling to be here this Summer. While I would say "yes" because of how much I have learned and how God has used me, it provoked me to think. I remember when I first decided to come, I was excited to see my potential futures of business and missions intertwine. I remember telling the director of my Christian ministry at school that this trip was going to help me understand God's calling for me. It was going to help me understand if and how I would incorporate my business degree into missions. In my time here, I have been assigned to create a promotional video, but other than that, I have not had any exposure to marketing.

I have missed my devotionals a lot the past couple of weeks. I realized that it is much easier to miss your morning devotional when your whole day is devoted to hearing God's voice and allowing Him to work in you. That is the point of morning devotionals, is it not? When I have thought about going into the corporate business world as my full-time career, I have been stuck with this big "What if..." What if I become so consumed with making money and being successful and reaching accomplishments that I live in a way that is almost like I did not know Christ? Does that make sense? What if I lose sight of glorifying Him in everything I do? What is I lose urgency in sharing that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ?

As far as prayer requests, please pray that God helps me understand what His plans are for me and how this summer can help me understand. Please pray that I take the time to spend with the Lord in the mornings. Lastly, please, please be praying for my roommate. She has been sick for the past four weeks or so. Please pray that there is no physical hindrance that keeps us from the serving the Lord. Of course, please pray that there is also no spiritual barrier that keeps us from the serving the Lord. Thank you, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment