Monday, August 10, 2015

Change of Plans

As of a few  days ago, a week before my scheduled flight date, the real countdown began. Everything became "My last (fill in the blank)." Well, on my last Wednesday, there happened to be a bus strike. Here, almost everyone gets around my bus, so a bus strike really stops the whole city. That means all of the ministries on our most packed day were cancelled. Thursday, we went to Los Galpones when I remembered that we had an event all day on Saturday. That meant I would not be able to see and say goodbye to most of the kids, and I would not be able to go to La Favela to say bye to the children there either. Friday, plans to visit a nearby city were pushed back to Monday. We visited a couple's house/bakery instead, where we ate plenty of desserts, watched a movie, had asado, and walked around the town. It was a reallyyy nice time. One of the best times I have had in Argentina. That night, we found out that another ministry was cancelled.

On Saturday, there was a sort of conference at our church. It was a blast. Worship down here is the best because the congregation is actually HYPE! They jump and dance and worship in such tight community which is why churches gather all together on Sunday (the community). The speakers were great, too. Then, like all Saturday and Sunday nights, the young adults gathered and hung out afterwards (they always hang out until two or three in the morning). I cannot describe how lovely it is to spend time with that group. They are so much fun, so welcoming, and so in love with Jesus! Plus, we had the most delicious choripan haha.

Sunday, we had the chance to have lunch at one of our friend's house. Unfortunately, we got pretty lost on one of the coldest days I have been here, taking us more than twice as long as it should have taken us to get there. Regardless, the (late) lunch was so lovely. The hangout after church (have I mentioned the church services are also held at night here? I love it!) was wonderful as well. Great conversations and moments shared with brothers and sisters in Christ.

Although my last week has been filled with cancelled plans meaning cancelled goodbyes, I am still grateful for every moment I have had. I am grateful that I have been as urgent as I think I could have been to share the truth and Gospel with the people here so that I am not left with any regrets. I am also grateful for these last few days where I will have the chance to spend time with and say goodbye to my closest friends.

I really wanted to write a blog on Wednesday to ask for prayer for health. I had been feeling really sick, and it was having a really negative affect on me. I also wanted to ask for prayer because I was asked to share the morning devotional on Thursday in Spanish, and I was feeling pretty unsure about that. BUT I ended up spilling tea on the computer and it would not turn on, so I was going to try to use my phone to finish the blog and ask prayer for that, too. What can I say? Plans changed. Glory to God, I have been finally getting much better, my morning devotional was understood by everyone, and I am currently typing on my slightly sticky computer keyboard! I would still genuinely appreciate prayers for complete healing from whatever cold I have and prayers for me to enjoy my last few days here!! Thank you everyone who is still keeping up with my blogs or maybe you are reading this two months after I come back, but thank you for taking the time to read this (especially since this one is so long!). I still have a few more coming your way, so don't remove this link from your bookmarks quite yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment